Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ash through the seasons

The ash tree is a tree I have come to know and love. The powerful, yet gracile, majesty of a fine specimen at the end of my street marks the seasons. I pass under it on my way to work every day and I often look up to the canopy and feel like I am in the middle of a wood, when in fact I am in the middle of a city. Crows tried to nest on it this spring. Chaffinches and Mistle thrushes sing from it in the spring. Woodpigeons enjoy their buds and flowers. I have taken many photos of it across the years. The one above was taken a few days back. This year it is clinging to its leaves for longer. I don't want to think what the street would look like without it, and I hope I can photograph it for many years to come.
November 2011
 November 2009
December 2009
January 2010

No comments: